BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

1.18.2005

Of Norah Jones and friendster.

mood: crazy

Norah Jones will be having a concert here in the Philippines on March 12, 2005. I know some people are waiting for her to come. That beautiful voice. That pretty face? But there is something wrong in the picture. Did you know that the Very VIP tickets of her concert costs almost 13,000 pesos and Upper Box A costs around 1,600 pesos. That's a lot of moolah for a singer who has around two to three famous songs. I don't get it. 220 dollars for a concert? As far as I can remember the only foreign artist who has the right to ask big is Michael Jackson. He is big. Unlike little Norah here, who only has the hits songs: Come Away With Me, Sunrise, and Don't Know Why has no right to ask big in a country like us. Yes, a struggling third world county who has many problems wherein entertainment is the only escape of our problems. We'll see if a lot of Filipinos would take the bait.

Friendster has a new lay-out. It looks very formal. I wonder what happened to the friendster fad. Maybe, the hype has ended. I think everybody is now a friendster of everybody. Now, if I ever had the chance to remove friendster in my life, will I do it? I think I won't. The effort of doing it will be wasted and i'm a sentimental person. So there, friendster is here to stay.

I feel not-so-empty, I wonder why...

0 Statements: