BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

1.12.2005

Of beggars and the government.

mood: coldy

I don't know if my mind is empty or if it's full of ideas. I'm losing focus again. Lately, this is a problem that i'm trying to cope up. I don't know how will I bring it back and what should I do about it. It happened only late last year. I really hope that this would disappear.

A few nights ago, coming home from work, me and my mom decided to fill our car with fuel. As we were filling it up a kid asked for alms. We are used to these type of situations. We don't give money or anything in that matter. The funny thing is that the kid asked us like this: "Pahingi po ng limang piso." Ain't this nice. I said to myself. A kid asking for a certain sum of money, as if that kid thinks that money comes from trees and we just have to pick it up there. My mom was aggressive: "I pangdra-drugs mo lang yan e. Tumabi ka dyan.". Then, we sped off. Leaving that dreamy kid with our pollution.

I just don't understand why we have this kind of system in the Philippines. Taxes go to the government and some departments can't do anything about the problems on their side. DENR, hello? Too much corruption? What happened to the supposed illegal loggers? Give us a break. A major revamp for DENR should be considered. DSWD, help? You guys need some help. You can't take in too much streetchildren and beggars? DEPED, come on. How about the quality of education? What happened? Almost every freaking child wants to be a celebrity. Too many questions, no answers. Or if they have answers, you can just print it on paper. No action. Also adding the Lateral Attrition Bill. Hay. We tax payers should be pitied.

I hope I could watch Amazing Race today...

1 Statements:

Targrod said...

Ano na ang tawag dun? Contradicting loggers? Sad noh?