BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

1.10.2005

Of 3120, conventions, and parties.

mood: wuzzy

Finally. I got a new mobile phone. It's a Nokia 3120. Me ang my gf got it yesterday at SM Megamall. It was quite funny when we were canvassing for a phone. The first store that we went in told s that the price for the phone is Php 6900. Then, onto the the next store... Php 6800. After that, another store... Php 6700. Eventually we ended up in a store that sells the phone for Php 6500. I was slightly disappointed because a week ago this phone costs 100 peso cheaper. Anyway, after conquering the other stores, with prices of the phone ranging from Php 6900 to 7900, we finally went to the store that sells the phone cheapest. We asked the usual question, "Does it have a warranty?". And eventually, there is. So, without further adieu, we bought the phone and the cover of it is green. Animo!. I got a new phone! Yey!... worth it for waiting for five months...

The cellular phone comes with a chinese lingual manual. How nice. I have to go back to that store next week to replace it. Or maybe, learn Chinese in a few days.

I was also in the G2 convention yesterday. G2 stands for Games and Gadgets, I think. So, why does it contain the Artist's Den booth?

I've also bought a few stuff in the convention like a magazine, a beerkada shirt, a few Ariel comic compilations, and an internet card. There also was the traditional cosplay and found myself in the middle of "fans" of cosplayers. It was quite surprising how these people spend a lot of money just for a grand prize of Php 5000.

The birthday party of my mother was a blast, as i've expected, two days ago. We didn't encounter any major problems. Maybe the only minor problem of the night was a semi-defective microphone. But it didn't really matter, the event overshadowed it.

As i've said, me and my cousin Gracielle were the emcees for the night. I think we did pretty well with the hosting job. Multi-tasking was another form of occupation for me through the night. I was the emcee, floor director, driver, cameraman, utility guy, and financer. Well, it was all worth it. This effort is for my mother. And it is because i love her (aaawwww... very un-jay-r-istic).

The night went smooth even though it started late. The party's major enemy, traffic, strikes again. The program proper has it's highs and lows. Birthday messages for my mother overflowed and the addition of the last two messages were just added during the event. A "tita" of mine told my mother that the format of the husband giving the last message was nice and unique. Maybe, we've started a benchmark on birthday parties here.

The program lasted for around one and a half hours. The time was just right for a party. And after that dance music was next. The dance floor didn't really clicked. Maybe because the usual dancers, some of our relatives, had to go home after the program. That's okay. Attending the party was enough for us.

Kudos to the following:
- The Rave mobile. Even though that one of your microphones encountered some minor problems, it's fine with us. The payment for the mobile was "cheaper" than expected. New equipment were brought. And me and my mom were discussing if this is a band-owned company. Remember Rage band?
- The Catering. A "famous" chef went to the party. She's the Chocolate Lover's owner (my mom realy appreciates her presence). And she told my mom that the food of the caterer's were good. The fish spinach was yummy!
- The utility people. From the cleaning to the electrical people, thanks!
- Tita Jessie Leonardo. Thanks for the invocation / prayer. That was really enlightening.
- Ninang Nancy. Nice interview with my mom. You are so-kwela with my mom. Thanks a lot.
- Ate Jerlene. Thanks for the video camera!
- The singers of the night. Janice Sevilla (and Jing Sison), Aiza Gamboa, and the kin of Ate Cina. Thanks for the music. My mom really loved what you've done for her.
- The relatives. The party would not be complete if the whole clan (my mother's side) was not there. Thank you very much for the small time that you gave my mother. And the gifts also, hehe.
- To my Girlfriend. Wow, thanks a lot baby. Spending your time here in our house for the Cd-making to the Cd-giving in the pavilion. You're the best!... and i'm the beauty?

All in all, the party was perfect. The climate followed. The food was good. The music was nice. Gifts were overflowing (my mom a got a total of 50+ gifts... like a debutante noh?). What more can you ask for?

Pictures will be posted in the "near" future. Regarding the vcd version of the party, it will be quite questionable. Some minor setbacks was encountered. I'm praying that the important parts of the party was saved in the video tape.

It's Monday once again kids. Expect heavy traffic...

0 Statements: