BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

10.24.2005

Of a Komikon 2005 happening.

mood: sleepy
movies watched the past week: the mummy returns; corpse bride; the last castle; may; serendipity; alice in wonderland; nick of time; patriot games; lord of war; star wars ep. 2: attack of the clones; pay it forward; doom

Went to U.P. Bahay Ng Alumni last Saturday for the annual Komikon (-vention?). As usual, I went there to support Beerkada and the Artists' Den.

I’m sorry to the Beerkada pips if I wasn’t able to help out with the booth. I’m busy with some parts of my life and I have things to do first and I have so many alibi that I should stop now. Ika nga sa isang kasabihan “Pag puwede maraming paraan, pag ayaw maraming dahilan”. There. I really hope you guys understand.

I could say that the place was somehow full packed even though that it took place at U.P. I’m quite used to the Megamall Mega Trade Hall experience. Where people do really rub elbows. I wonder why Komikon is in U.P. this year…

Okay. I’m sorry to L if I’m not sure if I would still get that boxed set that I reserved from him. You see, I won a Beerkada boxed set courtesy of Ingkang Jinky’s contest. I really thought that I won’t win that contest but to my surprise I got the third place… err… third prize… err… whatever. There were three boxed sets up for grabs and I got the third one. I would like to add more reactions and comments from this boxed set experience but I wouldn’t dare to write it here. Now, regarding that reservation. I’m not so sure if I would still get it. I have to ask my confidante.

This is the first time I’ve seen Manix, the Kiko Machine guy. It was quite un-expecting for me to see this guy because he doesn’t look like the person who would make such comic. And he looks like someone from DLSU.

I also got some of Lico’s products. I’ve read his stuff and I would join his group (e-group that is… oh my, I sound like Yoda here… wait… what if Yoda is voiced by Imao? that old dude from the Encantadia fame… that’s nice).

And shout-outs to all the beerkadets and the Artists’ Den pips that were there, you know who you are.

After the event, the B-sisters and I went to watch Doom at Robinson’s Gale. The movie contains a lot of gore. Yes, gore. I found the gore acceptable in my own point of view. Meaning I wasn’t grossed out. The movie is quite interesting even though that the story is recycled. There was even a part ala-fps (first person shooting) mode wherein you’d be the hero of the movie. It was unexpected but cute. I find The Rock’s persona stupid. He doesn’t seem to have that kind of logic even though he was given a command post for his group. And one more reaction, why is it that the movie has the title Doom? How come there are references to the Quake game. For instance, The Rock used a BFG (Big F**king Gun) in a certain part of the movie. As far as I can remember, there’s no BFG in Doom. Anyway, cross-reference or not, the movie is quite exciting somehow. Why? I didn’t fell asleep.

Oh. The B-sisters kept on giggling on that Chicken Little guy. Gosh.

What if the world is a big disappointment? – Pay It Forward

7 Statements:

Anonymous said...

waaah! andun si manix?! you didn't even introduce me to him...

(go kiko machine!!!) ;þ

oh, and sorry for cancelling the order, my sister is the one who'll pay for it kasi, and she decided not to get it na lang... (and for that, she'll have to get me a NEW book - Eldest in hardbound Ü)

Targrod said...

uhm... hindi kami close e. hehe... tinuro lang sya sa kin ni jinky...

tsaka wag kang magsorry sa kin... kay L...

Anonymous said...

hindi rin ako, utol ko
sya ang bumawi ng reservation nya eh

are you in trouble for that? sige gawan natin ng paraan...

Anonymous said...

About Doom the Movie: it's really supposed to be based on the game. Kinda like Resident Evil the Movie ^-^

Targrod said...

sige... masabihan nga si L.
kung bumawi na lang kaya through a shirt...

macy: ang problem kasi. ang doom walang story. ginawan lang nila. para cute.

Anonymous said...

sige pag lumabas na yun mud shirt
tutal yun din naman ang pinili ko dun sa poll...

Targrod said...

ayan... hehehe