BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

10.25.2005

Of a father's birthday.

mood: drunk
movies watched the past week: the mummy retuns; corpse bride; the last castle; may; serendipity; alice in wonderland; nick of time; patriot games; lord of war; star wars ep. 2: attack of the clones; pay it forward; doom

My mom would always tell me: Alam mo ba nung ganito ganyan "insert story here". Wala ka pa nun. Nasa dulo ka pa lang ng patpat...

All these years I thought that this was just a long-standing hirit by my mother.

I'm used to her useless answers especially when I ask a lot of questions, example:
Me: Ma, bakit kayo aalis?
Mama: Kasi "insert reason here"
Me: Bakit?
Mama: Kasi nga "insert reason here"
Me: Bakit?
Mama: E bakit ba ang kulit kulit mo?
Me: Bakit?
Mama: Dahil sa ukit.
Conversation stops.

Moving on I just recently found the answer to that patpat hirit. I won't bother explaining here what it means. You just have to be an open-minded person to identify the truth.

Anyways, Happy Birthday to my wonderful papa. May you have more birthdays to come (eh?)!

And that unexpected visit really surprised me.

Mothers knows best. Really. But not all the time.

0 Statements: