BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

9.11.2005

Of a timaua night out.

mood: still sleepy
movies watched the past week: kwaidan; super size me; superbabies: baby geniuses 2; monster-in-law; sinbad: legend of the seven seas; my boss's daughter; peter pan (2003); the big bounce; red eye; the fighting temptations; ong-bak; alexander

This one will surely be going for the books. The story was like this, the Coms group along with Mr. T and Celena ate dinner at Mcdonalds last night. We were a bit hungry because we haven't eaten yet due to the play by Celena (or sumthin' like that). While dining, we had our usual chit-chats and laughs and then there was this usual pairing by the B-sisters to Bj. Cessie said "Ako legal wife nya." after the bit with Criscel. And then I suddenly had the urge (and did it) to say the following words to Mr. T, "Ikaw naman legal shocker." Man, that really was a classic.

Okay. When was the last time i've seen a play live? Well, I really can't remember. Maybe, way back in college. I think it was the Anatomiya of something-something. Finally, after a few years, i've seen another one. Courtesy of Celena. The play was entitled Timaua.

Before going there, let's tackle the "experience" before the play.

I've decided to bring (okay... it's drive to the wise-asses out there) my car (that's not my car it's our car) to the venue. The play is located at the U.P. Diliman campus so I really need to bring it along because I have no idea how to get there (and vice-versa) in one piece. So, the Coms group met @ Sm Mega and then... off we go. It was still hot when we were traveling and I felt an omen coming during this time. Alas, I had an overheat. I really would like apologize to the Coms bunch for the delay and the car. It was really a hassle for everybody and I was really embarassed with what happened. I just don't want to go to U.P. in a puv basis. I really find it hard especially during the night to travel to certain places.

Still. Before the play. So, I know that God, now, is guiding us during all this time (read: overheat). And when we arrived at the site. I really thanked Him. We went up to the second floor and it hit me. U.P. buildings are really filled with spirits and elementals. I swear. Everywhere I used my line-of-sight i felt them. Even inside the theatre. Thank God i'm not the only one with that "power". Even Criscel has one too. And her was far worse. *laugh*

Anyway, about the play. I just found the first part interesting. Even though that there are some minor flaws: buckling (nag-ba-buckle), stuttering, and low projection of voice. Kudos to the Tikbalang person (mabuhay ang mga bakla!). Regarding the second part, here's my reaction: I really wish that you guys should have shown an episode of MKM or MMK.

The 80 bucks was worth it. Really. (I'm still expecting a 70 peso rebate. hehe).

Oh. Another thing. Here's a shocker for the conservative (like me). Before the start of the play the announcer went on like this: Mahigpit po naming pinagbabawal ang pagkain, paninigarilyo at pagtatalik sa... A what? Did I hear that correctly? And yes, it was it.

Wow. That was a night. I guess it was a night to remember. To the Coms group, it was really fun. Alam nyo na yun.

And sadly I wasn't able to play badminton today. Something came up. Sorry to the Huff pips and, I guess, the Gryffs too. For us to default the game. Sorry again.

Leah's extra spag sauce and cheese at Mcdo really worked! Try it!

4 Statements:

Anonymous said...

panalo ang legal shocker mo!
and about the car, bring it again next time! (or better, bring it always na lang!) :) and don't forget my shampoo tip, it really works!

Targrod said...

mabigat yung car. dehins ko kaya yun.

Anonymous said...

yes, the announcer really said that ^-^ last show kasi so traditionally, may gaguhan portion - di nga lang evident ngayon dahil sa nature ng plays. mas masaya yung last show ng comedy i was part of nung 1st year. panalo sobra :p

and no, walang rebate :p

Targrod said...

hap-hap kasi ang nangyari e.
hap na makulit.
hap na seryoso.

sayang hindi namin nakita ang gilas mo. hehe