BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

9.03.2005

Of a movie week-end(?).

mood: irked
movies watched this week: dodgeball; joe's apartment; matchstick men; the three musketeers; white chicks; the new swiss family robinson; finding neverland; yotsuya ghost story; the ugetsu story; hot shots; haunted school; tomie: rebirth


This was a hell of a week. I think i've tired my eyes so much that i'm going blind while watching a lot of movies. Yes. I would like to call this the movie week.

Now, have any of you heard the "festival" Eiga Sai (Or Egai Sai for me). A Japanese movie festival of some kind. And this year the theme for the festival are all about horror movies. So, happy me, i've actually planned for this event for more than a month. In fact, I was trying to make-aya everybody to watch those Japanese movies. And I was in luck because my Php friends wanted to watch these films also. So, Wednesday came. Cessie told me that the Wednesday showing of the first movie @ the Shang is purely invitational only. So, I told them that let's move it on Friday (and at the same time we could talk about the upcoming Badminton game/s). So (hey! a bunch of so's here), we started to watch it on Friday @ 2 in the afternoon. And then, the movies:
--> Yotsuya Ghost Story = an old movie with an old horror concept. I swear Nginig has a better story than this one.
--> The Ugetsu Story = Oh my God. Another old movie. 1954 (or 1953) to be semi-exact. Tried to keep awake through the whole of the movie. Yes, i survived.
--> Pulse = Thank God. A new one. Enter internet era. It was quite interesting even though the movie needs to be thought of. And luckily for me (inserted sadistic comment) I wasn't able to finish it. I had to go brush up my allergy.

Enter Saturday:
--> Haunted School = I think I saw the giant from Jack and the Beanstalk. I think I saw Donkey Kong. I think I saw Aliens. I think I saw the Predator. I think I saw the makings of another Michael Jackson.
--> Tomie: Rebirth = Oh yes. I vividly remember that we are going to watch a movie consisting of the horror spices. But what is it that I see? Blood. Broken Fingers. A walking head (Yes, a walking head with arms).

So, what is the moral of the story? I really don't know but I somehow enjoyed Pulse even though that I wasn't able to finish it. And amused by the Rebirth movie even though my eyes were telling me "close it" "close it". And thank God I wasn't able to snore loudly.

Where's the Grudge concept? Where's the Eye concept? Where's the Ring concept?

Napiga nang lahat.

Seen the Beerkada bunch earlier and I hope Mr. L uploads my shy pictures.

Yesterday was the best. I think two bottle of beer (/s... hehe) are on the way. Mr. allergy would you like to come fly with me and i'll push you off the plane? Oh pretty please?

Negatives are not welcomed...

0 Statements: