BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

9.19.2005

Of a Batangas trip: Epilogue.

mood: nosy

Even if I lacked precious sleep...
Even if I'm cash-strapped (or so)...
Even if I know they'll interview me about something...
Even if I have to miss that La Salle game...
Even if I was absent at a birthday party...
Even if I wasn't able to help our house...
Even if I wasn't able to finish watching the House of Flying Daggers...
Even if the idea of being stranded because of the weather...
Even if my father is sick...

Now, that's a lot of excuses. I could even add a few more but I know the idea is there.

So we (Bing and Joy, Dek and Ella, Eyen and Lod) had a birthday trip last weekend. We went to Balai sa Laiya in San Juan, Batangas (ok. it wasn't Balai, Batangas or Laiya Batangas as previously mentioned to my friends and family). A few others failed to show up due to the following reasons: heart-ache and work.

I believe I have to make-kwento na lang the trip in my p.o.v..

Okay, so we left Manila at 830 in the morning while listening to the Morning Rush. I was so disappointed that time because I wasn't able to listen to the last day of the elims of the Radio Idol. But it doesn't really matter. And while waiting for Dek, i've seen Jojo (a Lamb Core) and I know he knows something that he thinks I don't know but I know what he's thinking and it really didn't bother me if he knew what was it. And off we went.

In the vehicle, the usual hi's and hello's and how's your lovelife came up. I wouldn't ponder much on this part of the trip. Anyway, I really think that the mp3 revolution is here. 2 (or was it 3) of the people that are in the vehicle has an mp3-man (an mp3 walkman...) and I had my usual dose of mp3's too (i'm using old school. cd-mp3 player with 9 hours of pure unadulterated music). And I loved the birthday boy for doing this: he drove for three hours straight. I've noticed two more things when we were traveling. I've finally seen the De La Salle-Lipa campus (and that huge Lyceum campus too!) and the increase of the gasoline price everytime we enter a different city or province.

After the trip, the place. The things that I liked about the resort are: corteous staff, the design of the place, the buffet table, and "first-class" restrooms. I guess the only bad thing that I can say about the place is actually not the place itself but the road pointing to the place. It wasn't cemented and I believe that's 2 kilometers worth of bumpy-ass ride.

As Lod said "Ang bagal talaga ng oras dito." It was quite true. We were really killing time there. We've managed to be like pigs during the first day because the activities that we did that time was sleep and eat. And then eat and sleep. And before anything else, I used again my extra senses to choose which rom is better for me. And I chose room number 4. It was quite frunny. As you see, for obvious reasons, Dek and Ella and Bing and Joy shared respective rooms because they are couples. But on our part, Eyen and I ended up on a same room. The thing is Lod is queer and it would be more feasible of Lod and I or Eyen and Lod shared the same room. I think this is a Puerto Galera hangover. Actually I was really scared of Eyen during the sleeping hours because having the idea of her raping me is a horrible idea (just kidding eyen... hehehe). And before lights out, I had a bottle (or less) of SML.

Second day came and I woke up at 4 in the morning. I don't know why. I just woke up. I went to this area where I would be waiting for the sun to rise. I've managed to finish the book that I'm reading for quite some time (around a year?) and got some quiet time for myself. This is really a good place to relax and meditate. It was refreshing to see the sun rise and grabbed a few Vit-d's myself during the process. 8 am came and we went swimming. The water was clear (somekinda) during this time. The water turned dark during the afternoons (and nights maybe) and I don't know the natural occurence of that. During swimming, i've almost drowned and my swimming skills really kicked in. It's about survival man! And then we went home at 2 in the afternoon.

During the two days that we were there, i've learned the following things:
- There is a place called Aroma Magic Cream and beach and resort.
- Joey Lina's actual last name is Magdangal. (I need the email for this. Paging Lod or Eyen!)
- Even a dessert vendor (the one who sells espasol, macapuno, etc) can be very persuasive to the point of beating the skills of a call center outbound agent.
- The buffet table is for everybody. It is impolite to bring the dessert on our table. There might be other guests around.
- Making fun of a 27-year old soltera is really F-U-N.
- Never eat a lot of fish. I might puke after.
- Patience is a virtue. If you weren't able to buy a pasalubong near the place where you had your vacation, look for a Colette store in a gas station.
- Every gas station along the SLEX stretch has a coffee store.
- Dogs are kind in Batangas.
- People really wake up early in this side of the Philippines.
- A simple life doesn't necessarily mean that they are technologically helpless. Cellphones are able to be seen in this part of the country.
- Always bring medicine.

...and during the entire 2 days, 1 night vacation... nature excused us from the rain pestilence.

Thanks to Dek Tinawin for this trip. Even if I doled out a part of it from my wallet, I tell you pare, the trip is really worth it. Galing nyo talaga ni Ella. Lupit nyong maghanap ng place. Sa uulitin! Oh, and advanced happy birthday to you dude. You're 25 years old already, kelan ka maga-ala Naguit?

Thanks again to the Balaiya-ers: Dek, Ella, Bing, Joy, Eyen, and Lod. I really had a wonderful time with you guys. Hopefully, expectedly?, more trips like these in the future.

Welcome back, reality!

6 Statements:

Anonymous said...

"Making fun of a 27-year old soltera is really F-U-N."

how bout a soon-to-be-28 years old? harharhar!

oh yeah, no need to hurry when in the provinces ;)

Targrod said...

that i cannot answer. i'm still in my teens e.

Anonymous said...

i miss my fafa!

Targrod said...

i miss you too fafa!

Anonymous said...

did you pass by those violet gumamelas? hehehe
last november kasi nung nagpunta kami sa la luz (that's farther than laiya, so mas nabugbog kami sa byahe dun sa rough road na yun...) nakita ko yun mga violet na gumamela... dun lang kasi ako nakakita ng violet na gumamela eh hehehe...

at may humps na ba ang mga kalsada dun? ;รพ

Targrod said...

yata... can't remember... uhm... medyo malabo ang mata ko diba? hehe

oo sa la luz... familiar yung place na yun... nadaanan namin yan... akala ko nga dyan kami e...

and humps? joke ba ito? hehehe