BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

5.21.2006

Of a code.

Okay. For me it wasn't worth it.

A hundred and sixty bucks for a movie should be really special and I should've bought a pirated instead. Or went to a cheaper cinema, the one's that cost a hundred bucks.

I'm talking about the da vinci code.

I'm dwelling on something here right now. When I watch a film, should I be educated or entertained? Or both?

Does it affect me when somebody gives her view of the movie? You see, a well-respected teacher of DLSU (naks! respected si tita) gave her rant on a forum and it really affected me. I mean if she found the movie boring then I might find it boring too.

And she was right.

The movie is/was entertaining and that's it. Inconsistencies on a lot of things, wrong script, and maybe wrong editing. I know that the director and the writers and the actors are well respected but what if the hype is overwhelming and the movie just gives you a big let down? I would say that I would rate it with 6.5 out of 10 stars only.

What is wrong in the movie? Or what are?

First, Robert Langdon. He should be funny and somekindanerdy. Not that too confident though. Then, why is it that Tom Hanks didn't get Robert Langdon's charm? He was almost too serious throughout the length of the movie and his punchlines aren't punchlines at all.

Second, the puzzle part. What the hell happened to the cryptex? And other parts where the audience would feel that they would also solve the puzzles in the "movie"? It was all given. As if all the answers where falling in the sky one by one. The novel was greatly changed but these things are the exciting stuff in the novel. That's why people like me liked it.

Third, the louvre. It was very bitin. What happened here? It wasn't given that chance to be seen by people like me who would take years (or maybe not) to visit. Even though that it is a movie, at least they should have given some spotlight for the louvre. Maybe, the movie would be too bookish. What the hell.

Fourth, the teacher. Now, the Dan Brown trademark has been removed. What happened here? One hour left and you are telling everybody who the teacher is? C'mon. Do you still call this a mystery movie? Buti pa ang Scream at ang I Know What You Did Last Summer. At least dun last 20 minutes nila malalaman yung antagonist.

Fifth, the Bishop and the albino. The connection of the two in the movie is not that great. That's why the support of these characters weren't given much emphasis? But why? Would we find this boring? I would find it boring but if I hadn't read the book and found Bishop's face at the end. I would find it really questionable? Brokeback Opus Dei. Nice.

Lastly, the last part. What happened to the brother? It doesn't bother me much though when the Priory arrived. That was a nice ending but the part where the grandmother has to be a star in the end didn't shone so much. This movie should be about people finding lost relatives and there should've been a teary-end scene here.

There. I said it all. It is entertaining. But not that educational. I really hate it when I expect too much in a film and find it disatisfying in the end.

Kudos to Sir Ian Mckellen only. Tom Hanks is boring. Audrey is just alright. Jean Reno became soft-hearted in the middle of the film. Silas (was it Paul Bettany?) doesn't look like an albino (the make-up can be easily seen). Remy is just Remy. And Collet, Collet who?

All in all, I'm not satisfied in the movie. Hell, Robert didn't end up with Sophie and they should be. Oh well. This just proves that reading a book is better than watching a movie.

If ever they are going to make Angels and Devils into a movie, they should make this damn good.

9 Statements:

Targrod said...

there's always a dvd version of the movie.

Anonymous said...

Eek. Hindi ako well-respected noh! :P

And oh, there are plans for an Angels & Demons movie na. First dibs daw sa script si Akiva at si Ron Howard. Okay let's say it together. . . . NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

DADAProf :)

Targrod said...

if you're not well-respected... are you bastardized? jk.

i have a better idea than NOOOOOO!!!!

it's DIBIDIIIIIIIII!!!!!

dekidoo said...

Oh well, what would you expect. I think I've never seen a movie that was completely and accurately based from its book version. Syempre kailangan bitin para basahin pa din ng tao ang book. But yes, it is entertaining. The problem solving parts I guess should be reserved for geeks like us =P Oh, did Robert and Sophie end up together in the book? I thought it was with her partner in Angels and Demons. Anyway, X3 weekend coming up!

Targrod said...

mali pala ako.

ang alam ko nag-date sila. or magde-date.

Anonymous said...

There's a promise of "something" between Robert and Sophie by the end of DVC.

And no, not bastardized. Just. . .not that well-respected, hehehehe.

DADAF

Targrod said...

maraming salamat po sa clarity madam profAE.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Teabing all the way! :) Was it me (haven't read the book), but it seemed like RL was just clueless most of the time.

Targrod said...

yes... don't forget sophie.

they were both "stupid" in the movie.