BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

1.22.2009

Of the Oscars #

Why? Why you guys did left Gran Torino out of the Oscars? Is it because we have another Eastwood film? C’mon. Or it sounds like another Babel or Crash? But still, this is in a different context.

Or maybe, it is happening all over again… discrimination against some movies by the Oscar people. (para akong barok nang magsalita. bwahahaha)

I’ve waited for this nomination to come out since last month and all I can see are more nominations for The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. IMHO, I didn’t like TCCBB. Though, I did watch that film (as in watch watch), it didn’t made any impact in my life unlike Slumdog Millionaire or Frost/Nixon.

I’m still trying to find a good copy of FN. The copy I got was kind of “not working” and the first part of the movie is kind of interesting already.

I’ll try to make some predictions even if I’m not really a good movie reviewer or what-not. I just love watching movies. And here goes:

Best Motion Picture of the Year – Slumdog Millionaire (I haven’t seen Milk and The Reader)

Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role – Mickey Rourke for The Wrestler (I haven’t seen The Visitor and Mickey was really not a mouse… err... Mickey was really convincing in this film. And for you Mr. Hulk Hogan, this is not year film. Intiendes?)

Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role – Will update this one. I have Changeling here at home.

Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role – It may be Heath Ledger. Just a wild guess. =)

Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role – Guess is Penelope Cruz (Tomei lacked something in the Wrestler)

Best Achievement in Directing – I’d go for Slumdog Millionaire. It felt like I was watching a Bollywood film.

Best Writing, Screenplay Written Directly for the Screen – In Bruges? Another wild rhinoceros.

Best Writing, Screenplay Based on Material Previously Produced or Published – TCCBB? Dunno…

Best Achievement in Cinematography – Slumdog Millionaire. A different Asia. Really.

Best Achievement in Editing – Dunno. I only enjoy watching. I don’t go technical. Though Engineer me. Hahaha.

Best Achievement in Art Direction – The Dark Knight?

Best Achievement in Costume Design – Pass.

Best Achievement in Makeup – Hellboy II. Because I want to.

Best Achievement in Music Written for Motion Pictures, Original Score – I have to pass.

Best Achievement in Music Written for Motion Pictures, Original Song – Because I hate Indian songs… Wall-e.

Best Achievement in Sound – Wanted or The Dark Knight?

Best Achievement in Sound Editing – As I’ve said, I only watch movies. I’m deaf by the way. (pero hindi ako si Johnny. Hindi ako ganun kapogi. BWAHAHAHAHA!)

Best Achievement in Visual Effects – I’d go for TCCBB.

Best Animated Feature Film of the Year – Wall-e. Yuck. I didn’t like it.

Best Foreign Language Film of the Year – uhhhm…

Best Documentary, Features – Double uhmmm…

Best Documentary, Short Subjects – uhhmmm… from your sinaing?

Best Short Film, Animated – Bwahahaha. Eh?

Best Short Film, Live Action – Zzzz…

Gayest Pinoy for 2009 – Bebeh Gandanghari.

--=+=--

(bakit naleft out ang Gran Torino? You guys suck. Pero ako lang to. Walang makikipagdebate sa kin a. Tao lang ako.)

And can you please pray for my cousin's girl? I think she's having a baby. (as in now na.)

0 Statements: