BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

7.14.2008

Of today's vegetable.

I checked the ever-reliable Wikipedia (mind you Sinbad the entertainer, he’s not related to Sinbad the Sailor and Cedric the Entertainer, was confirmed dead in this site. He later confirmed, himself, that he’s alive) for the word, Uber.

Wiki say that it came from the word German having an English translation of over. And if you use Ober, it means upper (aaahhh, that’s why it’s Ober Da Bakod, much clearer now…). Back in the early 2000, gamers used uber. Uber-light, Uber-kill, Uber-fragged, Uber-fugly, and Uber-sa-sarap. Now, I’m not sure if what I read was right regarding the correct translation of these, Uber and Ober. Anyhoo, I’ll still continue. I haven’t arrived at my point yet.

As I’ve said, gamers used the word uber, I’m just wondering why I didn’t encounter this during the times when I will not eat food and eat the computer monitor’s radiation instead? (This looks like a job for Fox and Mulder or Gil and Horatio or Kalabog and Bosyo).

I’m just not at ease with the word Uber, I don’t know why. Channel 2 is using this for their show, PDA. I really don’t remember how they’ve used Uber but I have a thing with Uber.

I think Uber is also used as a hip word for the latest generation.

God, I feel old. Why can’t these youngsters use ancient words such as nakakapagpabagabag and salung-puwit?

I think that’s the greatest challenge for the new generation, speaking in straight Tah-galog.

(So, why are you posting in English? Hypocrite. Bwahahaha)

--=+=--

Gulay or vegetable (be-dye-ta-bol) should always be part of our daily diet. Really! I know most people leave this (and most children hate eating these) in the table and go straight to that juicy meat.

I’m no nutritionist; I can’t give you the positive things that vegetable can give you. I do sure know that some of it can take out major sickness/es such as cancer.

It was funny seeing a procession (it really looked like a rally for me) of these early elementary students in one Sunday morning where they were encouraging everyone to eat vegetable. I really don’t get it. This should be a given for all families. This should always be a part of your usual dietary allowance.

I eat all vegetable except for Okra. I just don’t like how it looks like (make it least favorite). I love eating kalabasa and ampalaya (sige nga, look for the English equivalent of these words).

I do have some suggestions for these public school teachers regarding the placards that they made during the procession (I know it’s not a procession but I can’t think of a word related to this, rally perhaps?).

- EAT GULAY KUNG AYAW MONG MAMATAY!

- KUMAIN NG GULAY OR I’LL KILL YOUR FAMILY.

- GULAY OR ELSE… YOU SHIT.

- TAMA NA ANG GREEN-MINDED, KUMAIN NG GREEN.

- ANG PESTICIDE HINDI TALAGA NAKAMAMATAY.

- GULAY ANG ITAWAG MO SA KIN.

- HINDI LANG GREEN ANG COLOR NG GULAY, MAY ORANGE DIN!

- LALAKAS ANG SEXUAL PROWESS NYO, PAG KUMAIN NG GULAY.

- ANG GULAY… KINAKAMAY.

0 Statements: