BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

1.16.2006

Of a longganisa.

mood: sleepy

As promised, here's my take on Bob Ong's latest book.

I have things in my mind that I want to say but I just don't know how to write them chronologically. So, here-goes here-goes my reaction.

I just finished the book exactly 24 hours ago and it was really quite a read. The usual Bob Ong style is still there. I found this one the easiest read. Why? I just don't know. Maybe because i'm not a writer. Or there aren't any much negative parts written in the book.

In general, the book is funny (obviously) and here's one part that made me laugh. This is a question in the book:

Sa anong paraan naging comedy ang "The Ring"? Kung itataob mo sa balon ang telebisyong lalabasan ni Sadako, magpapaikut-ikot na lang ba s'ya sa balon at TV? Bigyang buhay at isadula ang pangyayari.

This question made me remember one of Lyndon's strip. The one where Alan made a thesis about a cat and buttered toast. You add the two and you throw them at the sky. Etc. Etc. Jutst got bored telling the story.

Anyways, I think this latest book of Bob Ong is a farewell book of some sort. Looks like he would try to stick with another genre and have a new pseudonym. His fourth book wasn't as much of a hit (Alamat ng gubat, planning to buy). For me, he should stick with his fiction/non-fiction area.

This book is just inspiring for writers in general. It doesn't matter if there are a lot of typos (I found one in his book). What really matter is the new age idea that you can offer to the public. Too bad we Filipinos are too choosy when it comes to books. Like me. Makes me want to buy some other books that I don't usually read (Pinoy made of course).

I guess that would be it. Buy your own copy, because I won't lend you mine. Heh. (damot)

0 Statements: