BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

5.12.2005

Of a puerto galera experience part I

mood: wide awake

Day 1:

Over the weekend (technically it is not a weekend because Friday was included, anyhows...), my friends and me went to Puerto Galera. It was such a trip that I really want this experience to be remembered.

Before I continue my story, the people involved in the trip are Ais baby, Mia, Eyen, Katbau, Jo and me. As you can see I’m the only rose among the thorns.

Our trip to Galera was a bit ugly. When we rode the bus to Batangas, it was almost full. Five seats were empty and obviously there were six of us. Since we felt that we don't want to wait in the next bus we've decided be on board on this bus. Since I was horizontally challenged I had no problem squeezing at the 6-seater back of the bus.

Now, the boat part. I guess this has the same story with the bus ride. We were supposedly going to ride the 11:30am boat but what happened was we were able to catch the 10am boat. Guess what. We also had to squeeze through that boat, wave shaking and all. This was my third boat ride in my entire life. And this is the only time that I’ve almost puked. It really was so shaky that seasickness almost came. Thank God for the prayers and the nap.

When we arrived there we were hungry already. It was lunchtime and my 6:30am breakfast didn't seem to work with me. So, thankfully Eyen was our roomraider assisted by Jo and the rest of us went to the nearest foodhouse. Not minding the prices of the food, I’ve decided to munch on a kebab. It costs 90 pesos. That's ok; I’ll just have to share this with Ais to make it cheaper and the rice and a bottle of soft drink. When the bill came I was shocked, ten pesos for a cup of rice and fifty pesos for a 1.5 liter bottle of soft drink. Okay. I told myself. I should be keener with the food prices in Galera.

I was wrong.

Merienda came. It was really hot, so hot that my eggs are killing me, so Ais and me decided to gulp down a glass of halo-halo. Even though that it was priced thirty pesos per glass, it was worth it. We got almost ten types of ingredients. Yummy. It was worth it.

Then, they swam. Well, I tried to touch and dip in the water. It was only four in the afternoon but the water was cold, my eggs could've been hardboiled in this one. I had to get out of the water after thirty minutes. And to kill some time Mr. Tong-its and Mr. Pusoy Dos became our companion, to make things more fun. Katbau didn't know how to play those two card games. She kept on saying that she wanted to play bluff, in-between and monkey-monkey (unggoy-unggoyan). C'mon monkey-monkey? ...

And then the sunny sunshine slept. This is a continuation of my food stupidity-tion. I've managed to order and eat a whole chicken kebab on my own. It was not fun. It really was a lot. It costs me 100 bucks for this meal. To compensate on this meal, our waitress was quite amusing. She was a boo-boo/smart aleck lady. The boo-boo part was she forgot to write down my order. I had to wait for my food twice as much as my friend had waited theirs. But that's okay. She was really a smart aleck. When Eyen asked her to give us six glasses with ice and at the same time a big glass with ice (like a big pitcher perhaps?), she gave us the exact order. It was really hilarious. She gave us a very big beer glass with ice. At the same time she gave us six glasses, upside-down, with ice inside. Could you believe that? Blue Marlyn's the place. And their 1.5-liter soft drink is quite expensive. Around 70 pesos, cheap noh?

We've decided to go back on our rest house. Before I continue, we had a bargain with the house. Only 3000 bucks for three days and two nights. If you want to get their contact number, contact Katbau. Anyhows, Mia was really "sleepy" and time killer card games were back. I thought we brought the waitress in our resthouse because we had a clown with us. Right Katbau? Since our friend Katbau doesn't know how to play any "mature" card games, i've decided to ask her to do some charades. I've brought a box of charades; I'm just ready with everything. Anyway, who could forget her dinosaur roar and the thieves’ action? I won't forget that one, I assure you.

Lights out.

Part II tomorrow...

0 Statements: