BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

2.14.2006

Of a pc problem at its worst.

mood: furious

Wow! Great! A new pc. Good for me. I mean it feels good to have a new pc after nine years.

Then this shit came.

Up until now, i'm not sure if a virus or a spyware hit me. But one thing is for sure. The person who made that software will die. Right now. Yes, right now. Better check the obituaries.

I've been fixing the pc for a week already.

I think I tried everything. Various anti-virus programs. Various spyware programs. Various sanamabitch programs. Still. Nada.

You see here's my freakin' dilemma (dilemma? diba yan yung pag pinatay mo yung ilaw sa kwarto... dilemma), i'm not sure if I got it from downloading the latest yahoo messenger program (beware!) and then these pop-ups came up poppin'. I ignored it the first time but after a few hours shit came. Auto-shutdown. Disabled anti-virus programs. Slow computer. The works. Not to mention a lot of spyware cookies and viruses entered my pc.

So, I thought it would be nice to format my oh-so-good pc. Formatted. Installed windows. Installed anti-virus (ready to update). Installed modem. Updating anti-virus in the internet.

It's back.

Shit.

So, after seven reformats i've decided to buy a new modem. Might be the modem drivers. I thought to myself since the cd doesn't even have an xp driver (in addition, every time i downloaded this driver during the first installation, it disappears after restart).

What's next? Outside help. I've already asked computer-worthy people. But alas, the problem is still there. Now, i've asked somebody about my dilemma.

And she told me to repartition the pc. I was thinking of this before but I haven't done this yet.

5 Statements:

Anonymous said...

tsk tsk tsk.. let me know how you fix this ha? good luck! sorry im not much help..

Targrod said...

will do.

grabe tong nangyari sa kin.

dekidoo said...

ah kaya mo pala tinatanong ang admin password. try mo munang alisin lahat additional hardware. iwan mo lang yung basic (hdd, fdd, etc.) tapos tignan mo kung magkakatopak. wag mo masyado lagyan ng partition ang hdd. baka may problem din sa switch. sa xp kse once na mapindot ang switch auto shut down ang pc. baka stuck lang sya.

dekidoo said...

may i also recommend using Avast antivirus. it's free, updates daily, and doesn't eat much of your resources as norton does. if you need additional protection, try ZoneAlarm, may free version din, pero malakas din minsan sa resources.

Targrod said...

actually...

since bago sya. puro basic lang ang nasa pc ko.

yung shutdown ng pc, sasser virus yun.

basta parang may naopen na port for viruses and spywares.